Monday, March 16, 2015

Helping Yourself


Have you ever had a feeling like something in your life needed to change directions a bit? How did you handle it? What did you change?

For a little while now I’ve been feeling like something needed to change a bit. I’ve thought about different educational options, different job options, different locations, etc. But I’m not sure any of those ideas are exactly what needs to be changed. I’ve tried to journal about things, talk issues out with several people, and have even looked very intensely into different life options.

How do you get to the bottom of feelings that are feeling a little out of sorts? Do you immediately make a change or do you slowly go over different options and weigh the benefits, risks, and downsides to each choice?

I know when more than a few areas of my life are out of sorts, my entire being starts to get antsy and I have a hard time focusing on individual issues.  Not to mention it is nearly impossible to make a clear decision on much of anything.

What do you do to put yourself back into balance? What works for you? Do you do self care, bodywork, yoga, meditation, or something else?

I like to do self care and receive whatever type of bodywork (craniosacral, acupuncture, massage, taking a yoga class, etc) is calling to me at the time. Bodywork helps me to feel centered and helps my mind feel more at ease so it is easier to figure things out and easier to make tough decisions when needed.

If you’re feeling like trying a new type of bodywork why not give CranioSacral (CST) a try? It is a very relaxing and gentle type of bodywork where you lay fully clothed on a massage table.  I gently hold or place my hands on your body to feel the restrictions and softly release them, allowing your body to function in an optimal state and move more freely – without restrictions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment