Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Feeling Calm

Calm  

When you think of being calm what do you picture or feel? Do you think of being alone in a place where it is quiet and not much going on around you? Do you think of laying quietly in a peaceful room? Take a moment to close your eyes and really picture a setting that looks and feels serene to you. Is there movement around you? Or is it free of activity?

When I think of being calm I picture my head being clear and free of random thoughts bouncing around. I picture myself sitting or laying down. There might be activity around me but maybe not. It is more of a feeling that if I feel centered in myself, the outside stuff doesn’t bother me as much. I find that when my emotions are on high, it is hard to find this calmness.

Bodywork is one of those things that can help us feel this way. It can help us, for a moment or a series of moments learn how to find this place easier. When we are allowed to completely relax and let our minds and bodies relax we are welcoming the peaceful calmness into our bodies and minds.  Bodywork allows us to quiet our emotions and it helps us learn how to find this place easier when we are by ourselves.

CranioSacral Therapy is a wonderful bodywork modality that is great at allowing our bodies to relax and our minds to take a break. It is a gentle non invasive type of bodywork that is done while the client lays fully clothed in a peaceful and quiet setting.


Massage Therapy is another great way to allow your body and mind to relax.  When we can allow our bodies to relax and let someone else help our bodies release the tension they are holding, we are training our bodies to unwind and feel more peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment