Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mindful sessions


Mindful Sessions.

I’ve been reading several articles lately about mindful sessions. So it got me thinking – what do you consider to be a “mindful” session? Is it one where you are able to lay there and process while you and the therapist stay quiet? Or is it one where you and the therapist communicate about what restrictions are found and what ways you can possibly relieve them?

During a typical session with me, I follow what my intuition is telling me. I follow what your tissues are leading me to do.  If it means I hold an area or support an arm or a leg while it gently releases, then that’s what I do. Sometimes people talk and sometimes they are quiet. I feel like whatever people choose to do during their session, it ends up working well for them. I think people have to find what works best for them and what helps them release the most. Is it staying quiet or is it dialoguing with me as the session goes on?

When I get worked on, I try to lay there with a clear and open mind and just allow whatever comes into my mind to come in. I try to process the ideas that come into my mind while I’m laying there. Sometimes I say them out loud and sometimes I stay quiet. I think it’s important for people to find what works for them.

When I’m working on a client – I take the first few minutes to truly ground myself and connect with my client and observe what is going on in their body. If they want to talk during their session or stay quiet I am ok with either option.  Whatever they find is the best for them to be able to release what needs to be released.

Through SomatoEmotional Release (a part of CranioSacral Therapy) we are taught that the body holds emotions and when those areas of the body are released, the emotion comes out as well. CranioSacral Therapists are trained in dialoguing and helping people move past these emotional restrictions or blocks.

How do you like to have your bodywork sessions? Do you stay quiet or do you like to talk/process what is going on as it is happening?

Share your ideas or thoughts below :) Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment