Monday, April 13, 2015

Training - Continuing Education



To maintain my license and my certifications I am required to do a certain amount of continuing education each year. I enjoy this time. It is a time for me to learn something new and expand my modalities. Most of my continuing education classes have focused on CranioSacral Therapy/SomatoEmotional Release. I love this therapy and it is what I mainly focus on during my sessions with clients. I also see clients who want a therapeutic upper body massage to relieve pain and tension throughout their bodies. It is great to be able to see the relief on my client’s faces as they leave their session.


This year I will attend a stretching class.  I have seen the benefits in using more stretching in my sessions with clients so I want to learn more ways to stretch more areas better and in a more effective way.  I’m hoping that, through this class, I will be able to help my clients’ relief last longer and also to be able to give them tools to use at home when they start to feel tension building up again.



Stretching is a great way to keep moving throughout life. Stretching allows us to be flexible and more with more ease throughout our days. Even 5-10 minutes a day can help more than you think.



Do you have to do continuing education for your job? What is your favorite thing to learn? Why?



Have a great week! Be good to yourself and others :)

No comments:

Post a Comment