Monday, June 15, 2015

Goals


I’ve been thinking a lot about goals lately. I’ve never been one to really incorporate that word into my life. For some reason it is not really a word that I like. I would rather change the wording and call them things I’m working on or things I’m putting my energy to. Sometimes I feel that when we call them goals we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. What if a family or health issue prevents us from reaching that “goal?”

That being said there are things that I work towards or put my energy into. I work hard to reach what I set my mind to, but I also cut myself slack if something happens and I can’t do it in the time frame that I had hoped or even at all.

The purpose of this is to continue to grow and continue to find things you are working towards. Even if you can’t reach them for some reason doesn’t mean that you throw in the towel and give up on everything. I think your sight slightly changes.  Maybe the goal changes completely or maybe you have to alter the goal to fit your new circumstances.  No matter what, find something to continue to work towards, or if you choose, a goal you want to achieve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment